Per la versione italiana dello Statuto clicca qui.
‘The Tree & The Water’ is a non-profit Association registered in Italy as an ‘organisation for the promotion and defence of animals and environment’.
The objectives of the Association are:
- protection of nature while preserving the natural balance, protection of ecosystems with respect to their biological diversity and the protection, and preservation of the natural habitat of animals and plants;
- development of a natural way of human life, together and in harmony with nature without damaging the natural habitat and the balance of the ecosystem;
- development of methods in teaching and practice, which are in harmony with nature, in particular:
a) natural farming using natural, non-genetically modified seeds, without the use of heavy farm machinery (unless needed to recreate the stability and biodiversity of an ecosystem; i.e. swales, ponds and lakes) and chemical agents,
b) holistic and natural animal management,
c) enhancement of the forest heritage,
d) natural building using natural and/or recycled materials without the use of cement and/or heavily polluting materials,
e) art and craft techniques, in particular those for which there is a risk that they fall into oblivion,
f) natural and holistic education and pedagogy,
g) natural and holistic therapies and medicine,
h) clean, renewable energy production.
The Association realizes its goals through:
1. domestic and foreign acquisition of land with the aim to restore, protect and maintain its natural habitat;
2. provision and maintenance of sites in which one can learn a harmonious coexistence with nature, realized among other things through:
- Educational and research programmes, and centres
- Seed banks, wildlife observatories
- Ecological restoration techniques
- Water harvesting and management systems
- Permaculture and regenerative designs
- Volunteering programmes
- Spaces for spiritual practices
3. organising and funding events, workshops, meetings and trainings on topics related to the objectives of the Association;
4. financing the acquisition of farming tools and natural non-genetically modified seeds and plants – especially ancient and native species – for legal or natural persons, engaged in natural farming according to the objective of the Association as defined in Article 3 point 3a of the Statute;
5. financing the acquisition of building tools and materials for legal or natural persons, engaged in natural building according to the objective of the Association as defined in Article 3 point 3d of the Statute;
6. purchasing of books and other publications that are thematically related to the objectives of the Association, to make them available to interested persons;
7. websites development.
To read the full statute of the Association click here.